The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Lead Accountant – Corporate Accountant with one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL. Please review description and requirements below.
The Lead Accountant – Corporate Accountant will provide financial leadership by assisting with the management of key accounting and reporting activities to ensure accurate and timely compliance with all internal, external and statutory reporting requirements for operations across our enterprise.
This position will provide accounting, processing and analytical support for international accounting; specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for collection, tracking, analyzing, reporting and reconciliation of activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Prepare and record required journal entries for certain entities/operations including inter-company and monthly expense allocations
- Assist with monthly close process, which includes creation and/or posting of entries, reconciling of accounts, and ensuring close checklist are properly documented/completed
- Assist with maintaining proper segregation of duties in alignment with department policy
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly schedules used in the preparation and completion of the month-end closing process
- Assist in development and management of the Company’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to key processes and procedures
- Prepare schedules related to monthly activity, and work directly with key personnel to reconcile related activity
- Acquire a deep understanding of the business processes related to assigned general ledger accounts, including the flow of key transactions
- Perform duties in compliance with GAAP, company and department policies and procedures, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Assist accounting management on any and all accounting related issues
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting requests, other analyses and special projects requested by management
- Assist with P&L reviews and development of balance sheet reporting package
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience preferred
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel – experience in Pivot Tables and VLookups are a +
- Experience working within medium to large size accounting departments
A CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification is preferred for this role.