Land Accounting Coordinator
Summary of Position Requirements:
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for day to day activities of the Financial Services department as well as corporate requirements and management reporting for the division and assisting in external reporting as it relates to the acquisition and development of land.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process invoices including providing required coding documentation, agreement of invoice amounts to contracts, obtaining proper approvals and verifying mathematical accuracy of support.
- Process Land Development Budgets
- Record monthly transactions and steward monthly financial close
- Prepare GL schedules (account reconciliations)
- Month End Reviews and Reports
- Coordinate/Input Annual and Quarterly Business Plan Updates
- Manage the document retention process
- Respond to requests from the Division President
- Respond to requests from Region and Corporate
- Respond to Audit Requests
Education and Experience Requirement:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance preferred
- Real estate and/or land development experience is a plus
- Advance Excel Skills, JD Edwards experience and Essbase/Hyperion a plus
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.