Under general supervision, an Audit Leader conducts and documents audits throughout the Corporation.Based on skill sets and experience, Audit Leaders also may in-charge audit project teams, which includes providing oversight to the audit team and communicating results of the engagement to management.Provides technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement?s audit team.Works closely with Audit Project Specialists, Audit Project Managers and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise and deploy an appropriate testing approach during the engagement.
- Leads audit teams in executing audit projects.Responsible for the planning, scoping, execution and communication of audit results to both Audit and Business Unit Management.
- Provides training, coaching and auditing expertise to auditors during the audit engagement.
- Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team.Conducts and documents more complex and high risk audits throughout the Corporation.
- Utilizes understanding of various business units to perform risk assessment for development of audit program and to ensure operations, services and systems have proper controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment).
- During the planning of the audit, develops a budget and/or timeframe for how the audit will be completed. ;Responsible for completing the audit in accordance with stated timeframes and Departmental Standards.
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results and on the adequacy of controls.
- With partners at all levels, communicates audit results and develops and presents recommendations on operations and controls to the business unit.
- Reviews work of all members of the engagement team ensuring that Departmental Standards have been met.
- Responsible for completing and compiling the summary of findings and recommendations and drafting the audit report prior to submission to the business unit and Audit Services manager review process.
- Coordinates with the Specialist Audit Teams (e.g., IT, Risk Management) to ensure evaluations of related areas occur timely and cover key areas within the audit engagement.