Know Your Customer Analyst
New York, NY
The Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst assists with the review of client onboarding documentation for Apple Bank’s newly established business and consumer accounts, periodic refreshes, and ad hoc requests. The incumbent in this role ensures that all client onboarding documentation is complete, accurate and consistent with the Bank’s Customer Onboarding Procedures. The Analyst writes the initial KYC profile based on the onboarding documentation obtained from the retail branch location where the account was opened. The KYC Analyst will interact with the front office, Financial Crimes Compliance, Legal, and Operations to ensure all regulatory and firm requirements are met for both new and existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all account documentation submitted for multiple types of newly established business and consumer accounts in a timely fashion.
- Review all account documentation submitted for multiple types of business and consumer accounts undergoing remediation in a timely fashion
- Communicate necessary documentation changes to branches and follow through to ensure requested documents/changes have been submitted.
- Communicate with KYC Team Lead regarding requests for extensions and keep Team Lead apprised of all outstanding issues.
- Maintain accurate and complete files for all reviewed client documentation.
- Possess relevant knowledge of appropriate BSA and OFAC laws and regulations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other due diligence processes by researching/gathering client information, utilizing online sources such as Google Search, Google Maps, Lexis-Nexis and World Compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Division Head.
- Generate reports based on requests for data and provide relevant metrics to the Team Leader of the KYC Unit.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a KYC capacity preferred or must have relevant experience reviewing formation documents including Certificate of Incorporation, Articles of Organization and other legal formation documents as necessary.
- Must have banking experience with an understanding of BSA, AML and OFAC laws.
- Experience utilizing with MS Office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) required.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal skills to interact clearly and concisely with branches, team members, and other departments.
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills to properly assess any red flags that may be discovered during the review process.
- Ability to multitask and manage a high number of priorities
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement and more to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.