JR Underwriter Summary
Underwrites residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary market investor standards and all applicable laws. The Underwriter will be responsible for examining conventional loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
JR Underwriter Pay
- $75k+ salary
- $15k quarterly retention bonus
JR Underwriter Duties
- Underwriting loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. This involves reviewing income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary reports, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals, and personal and business income statements.
- Deciding whether the file is complete enough to make your decision and requesting additional information if not.
- Using a fair and rational approach to make your decisions, undertaking reasonableness tests and ensuring your decisions are of high quality.
- Staying up to date with multiple loan product guidelines, as well as any other tools or requirements for you to excel in your role (such as TILA, RESPA, and Predatory Lending).
- Assisting in the preparation of repurchase responses and rebuttal reviews.
JR Underwriter Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year of underwriting experience, front end but we will take a combination of back end as well.
- 3+ years of mortgage industry experience
- Appraisal review and tax return analysis skills required