The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Junior Financial Analyst for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in West Valley City, Utah.
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
- Review contracts for revenue implications
- Schedule revenue plans in accordance with GAAP, for new/renewed contracts
- Interact with business owners to resolve discrepancies/questions
- Prepare reporting packages for presentation to business leaders
- AD Hoc reporting and assignments as required
- Position is responsible for comprehensive accounting and reporting responsibilities that support the overall requirements and objectives of the unit assigned.
- Responsibilities are to prepare revenue schedules based on ASC606 analysis and in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and analyze revenue implication of customer contracts.
- Conduct and document moderately complex financial / business analysis and research.
- Utilize PC and mainframe-based systems and software.
- Initiate, compile and prepare specialized reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- Cooperate with other departments in the preparation of analysis.
- Perform varied work assignments with limited supervision.
- Qualifications include knowledge and application of fundamental revenue recognition concepts, practices and procedures.
- Solid conceptual understanding of business problems related to assigned finance projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software revenue recognition preferred.
- Willingness to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to Interface effectively with clients, manager and others.
- Ability to plan and organize activities to complete assigned tasks on time with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop goals for self and monitors progress; seeking assistance as appropriate.
- Advanced excel skills
- SQL is a bonus
- PeopleSoft financials is a bonus (but will train)