The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Junior Accountant to support our client in the San Dimas, CA area. This an exciting opportunity to join our client, a well-established Fortune 500 company providing HR Solutions to over 140 countries. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, knowledge of Excel and Bank and General Ledger reconciliation experience. CSIORL
Overview: Working with client and cardholder accounts to reconcile discrepancies. Research systems to find where the accounts went out of balance, then reconcile.
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm- 3 Month Contract
- Readies and maintains financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles, that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
- Utilizes knowledge of the fundamental doctrines, theories, principles, and terminology of accountancy, and often entails some understanding of such related fields as business law, statistics, and general management.
- Analyzes the effects of transactions upon account relationships.
- Evaluates alternative means of treating transactions. Plans the manner in which account structures should be developed or modified.
- Ensures the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management.
- Considers the need for new or changed controls.
- Projects accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position, and overall financial condition.
- Interprets the meaning of accounting records, reports, and statements.
- Advises operating officials on accounting matters.
- Excludes paraprofessional accountants.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Excel experience; Intermediate level