Under the direction of the Cash Management Supervisor, the person in this position will be responsible for collecting and reviewing all compliance in accordance to the FINCEN Banking regulations and internal compliance policies for Restricted Bank accounts and new servicing clients. In addition, the administrator will be responsible for the establishment of Restricted Bank accounts and onboarding into our system of record.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for providing superior client service while independently maintaining risk management, compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements, and adhering to internal procedures and controls.
- Understand/comprehend and interpret Borrowing Entity documents for compliance requirements
- Review Loan Documents to decide the specific account requirements
- Review, communicate, and setup of new Restricted Bank accounts in system of record Communicate with closing attorneys, clearing bank personnel and other customers to insure account information is properly disseminated and account structure is understood.
- Facilitate the opening and maintenance of new accounts and establishment of services (i.e. Lockbox, Online access, Remote Deposit) with various departments and banks to match the needs dictated by the applicable loan documents.
- Provide advice, oversight and assistance to management in identifying, managing and escalating Risk issues.
- Assist other Internal Accounting Departments as required.
- Assist peers in reconcilement issues/questions as requested.
- Participate in special projects as needed; i.e. participate in the testing phase of upgrades, enhancements to the system.
- Participate in team development and team building
- Strong knowledge of Borrower Ownership structures
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or related business field and/or comparable experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, as well as a high degree of analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization/detail-orientation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Paralegal training, law degree and/or LPO license preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in commercial mortgage real estate lending
- Experience in understanding various legal documents associated with commercial loans
- Team oriented and flexible
- Ability to drive multiple parties and processes in a high-volume environment
- Proactively share your knowledge to help others develop and improve the performance of the team
- Personal Laptop Computer with Dual Monitors
- Standard office equipment (fax machine, phone calculator, printer/scanner/copier)
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.