Associates interact daily with Senior and Junior bankers and clients, prospective buyers, financial sponsors, attorneys and accountants. In the KBCM Technology Group, Associates are expected to develop significant experience across several key sectors of the Technology landscape by researching and tracking companies, understanding competitive positioning, assisting in and identifying those that may be potential clients and beginning to make connections with some prospects for introductory and screening calls.
Experienced Associates help in managing transactions and interface directly in presentation, diligence, negotiation, capital-raising and closing. They play a central role in coordinating the activities of all team members.
Essential Job Functions
Work with corporate finance investment bankers and product partners on M&A, strategic corporate finance and capital raising transactions, including IPOs, Follow-on Offerings and Debt Capital Markets trades
- Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A strategic alternatives
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, etc.
- Required Qualifications:
- Multiple years of relevant experience (Investment Banking, Strategic Consulting or similar client service, Venture Capital/PE, or a strategic role in a technology company). Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Econ), Technical Sciences (Engineering, Physics) or Liberal Arts + three years of Relevant Experience
- Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Quantitatively and financially-oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Excellent organization, communication and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with competitive drive to win; motivated self-starter
- Desire to be part of close-knit group operating in an intensive environment
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA, MA in Accounting, CFA, CPA, JD or equivalent
- 3+ years investment banking experience in a Technology Banking group
- Series 79 & 63 (within six months of employment)
Specialists of KeyBanc Capital Markets)
KBCM Technology Group is the combination of Pacific Crest Securities and KeyBanc Capital Markets. We deliver unmatched impact to our clients by merging the technology specialist approach of Pacific Crest with the expanded capabilities and traditional industry coverage of KeyBanc Capital Markets (KBCM) and the broader resources and financial strength of its $135 billion balance sheet parent, KeyCorp (NYSE - KEY). KBCM Technology Group operates with a focus on the sector's leading edge, where connectivity and the continuing evolution of technology is fueling unprecedented change across all industries. We apply our knowledge of the drivers of value creation, global network of relationships and comprehensive suite of corporate and investment banking services to assist our clients gain competitive advantage and achieve superior returns from the seismic shifts occurring in technology and its broader impacts.
Our sector bankers and transactional specialists collaborate to help founders, executive teams, investors and board members of companies in the high growth sectors of technology identify and implement the best course of action, whether a financing, M&A or alternative event.
About KeyBanc Capital Markets
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a leading corporate and investment bank providing capital markets and advisory solutions to dynamic companies capitalizing on opportunities in changing industries. Our deep industry expertise, broad capabilities and unique ideas are seamlessly delivered to companies across the Consumer & Retail, Diversified Industries, Healthcare, Industrial, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Utilities, Power & Renewables, and Technology verticals. With over 800 professionals across a national platform, KeyBanc Capital Markets has more than $30 billion of capital committed to clients and an award-winning Equity Research team that provides coverage on over 700 publicly-traded companies. KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC ('KBCMI'), and KeyBank National Association ('KeyBank N.A.'), are marketed. Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. and its licensed securities representatives, who may also be employees of KeyBank N.A. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $92.9 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,335 ATMs; telephone banking centers ; and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank serving the needs of mid- to large- sized businesses and focusing principally on middle market clients in six industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, and real estate.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled