Cain Brothers, a division of KeyBanc Capital Markets, is a pre-eminent healthcare investment bank focused exclusively on mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, and strategic and financial advisory solutions. Serving the largest sector of the U.S. economy, we advise clients on many of the most important transactions involving health systems and other providers. Our expertise across all sectors of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry enables us to provide unique perspectives to our clients. Our deep knowledge of the industry combined with our transaction expertise enables us to execute the most complex transactions in this sector.
Associates will work on mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, fairness opinions, valuations, and strategic advisory engagements. Cain Brothers’ deal team staffing provides extensive exposure to senior bankers and clients, including leading healthcare industry companies and private equity/venture capital firms. The Associate role provides an exciting opportunity to be actively engaged in transaction execution across the healthcare industry. Further, the Associate role is supported by a comprehensive mentorship program with senior bankers and there is excellent potential for promotion within the firm.
- Creation and oversight of presentations to senior management and board members of clients and prospective clients;
- Preparation of offering memoranda, pitch books and other material related to M&A transactions, financings, valuations and fairness opinions;
- Preparation of comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses including discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent M&A transactions, LBO and merger consequence analyses;
- Managing client due diligence processes;
- Oversight of Analysts on deal teams and assist in training and mentoring of Analysts;
- Travel to client offices and operating sites throughout the United States;
- Participation in on-campus recruiting and in-office interviewing processes to further build the firm’s franchise.
- Two to five years of relevant experience in investment banking or corporate strategy/business development;
- Background in M&A
- Bachelors degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting;
- Strong financial analytical understanding and skills;
- Demonstrated interest in gaining domain expertise in the U.S. healthcare industry;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- Outstanding work ethic;
- Willingness to engage in moderate travel throughout the United States;
- Healthcare experience is not a pre-requisite
KeyCorp’s roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies with assets of approximately $136.5 billion at December 31, 2016. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management and investment services to individuals and small and mid-sized businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association and First Niagara Bank, National Association, through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank focused principally on serving the needs of middle market clients in seven industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, real estate, and technology. Key Corporate Bank delivers a broad product suite of banking and capital markets products to its clients, including syndicated finance, debt and equity capital markets, commercial payments, equipment finance, commercial mortgage banking, derivatives, foreign exchange, financial advisory and public finance.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.