Why take a Investment Accountant role with this company?
- Work life balance!
- Amazing office with great company culture.
- Beautiful office space.
- Ability to see new Investments come on board.
Perks of the Investment Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek. Minimal overtime
- 8% match on 401K!
Investment Accountant Key Responsibilities:
- Master Addepar investment management software tool used to track the performance of public securities and private investments
- Record weekly, monthly and quarterly transactions related to public securities including dividend income, interest, gain/loss, foreign tax withholding and management fees
- Perform monthly custodial and bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly close duties included but not limited to:
- Reconciliation of cost, FMV, income, gain and foreign taxes
- Maintain accrued interest schedule for bonds
- Post FMV adjustments to the general ledger
- Import offline fund transactions and valuations to Addepar
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly securities reports for Management Committee and Investment Committee
- Attend weekly Securities meeting with CEO and Investment team (Associates, Analyst, Accountant)
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Board reports for oil and gas, marketable securities and private investments
- Prepare schedules and provide requests for external audit
- Assist in the preparation of budgeting and forecasting schedules for annual budget
- Special projects
- Maintain relations with custodians, request trades, and managing accounts
Investment Accountant Requirements:
- BBA – Accounting
- Two to three years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of public and private equity investments and oil and gas would be helpful
- Prefer knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/Solomon accounting system or similar program
- Proven track record as an effective team player and good interpersonal relationships
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Proficient in Excel