Our Client is currently looking for an Investment Accountant in their Windsor, CT office. Responsibilities include providing and maintaining securities accounting and reporting for institutional insurance clients, as well as private wealth accounts, on a STAT/GAAP basis. Supporting the internal trading and insurance solution functions of Prime Advisors, in addition to the overall business strategy, by providing financial information used in achieving superior investment results for clients. This position also shares responsibility for the integrity and timeliness of financial data and for ensuring the safeguarding of assets through the application of proper accounting controls.
- Maintain and review client investment activity.
- Monitor, control and record investment income.
- Reconcile invested assets and cash activity with custodian banks.
- Prepare and analyze client reporting, including holdings, earned income, transactions, journal entries and Schedule D statutory reporting.
- Monitor and reconcile internal Prime systems.
- Provide technical support and advice on accounting records, policies and procedures.
- Identify improvements or enhancements to the accounting and systems workflow.
- Assist in the accounting conversion of new clients.
- Establish and maintain quality client communications and relationships.
- Provide responses to ad-hoc requests from both external clients and internal Prime professionals.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years investment accounting experience
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to client service
- Familiarity with back office operations
- Knowledge of securities investments
- Knowledge of Schedule D and Statutory reporting
- CAMRA knowledge or other insurance investment accounting systems
- Ability to pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to respond negatively to a Disciplinary History Questionnaire as required by securities regulations
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules