INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Our client, a highly-respected/growing Twin Cities based company, is seeking a strong International Accounting Manager to join their Finance team. The International Accounting Manager will have responsibility for the day-to-day accounting and statutory audits for the company's international subsidiaries. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact and be part of a team that values your ideas and contributions. The candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and visible role, who can prioritize, plan, and work with others to accomplish department and company goals. The candidate is someone who brings flexibility and passion to the role, who desires career growth as the company grows.
What you will do:
- The International Accounting Manager reports to the Corporate Controller. The individual in this role will work closely with the Director of Revenue, Tax Manager, the FP&A team and others.
- Oversee the day-to-day international general accounting operations. This includes the monthly close process, journal entry, transfer pricing, general ledger and intercompany account reconciliation, payroll GL analysis, account trend analysis and coordination of monthly financials review with the VP/Controller, among other responsibilities.
- Ensure foreign transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the foreign entity's financial statements.
- Work with others in the department and directly with international auditors, to manage and complete statutory audits for the company's foreign subsidiaries.
- Provide support to the consolidated company's annual financial audit, and other typical filings.
- Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, IASB, SEC, IFRS and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of the guidance on the foreign entity's financial statements.
- Be a subject area expert for consolidation reporting, foreign currency translation and multi books currencies. Participate in projects to adopt and document new accounting standards.
- Identify areas for improvement in policies and procedures to provide assurance of the accuracy of the foreign entity's financial records. Work with others to implement and document the improvements.
- Mentor others in the Finance department to help build a technically strong and cohesive team.
- Prepare relevant sections for internal reporting.
- Work on the many other Finance department projects that arise.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license in active status (preferred).
- A minimum of five years combined public accounting firm and private accounting experience.
- Experience working with multinational entities and exposure to transfer pricing.
- Experience with typical business software applications.
- Technical accounting experience with a solid understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and local statutory GAAP and the ability to research and document accounting positions.
- A thorough understanding of consolidation reporting and foreign currency translations.
- An analytical and problem-solving skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret, and explain complex financial data.
- An understanding of business processes and internal controls.
- A strong work ethic, and a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, highly developed organizational and follow-through skills. The ability to manage competing priorities is necessary.
- Leadership, mentoring and team building skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A desire to take on additional responsibilities as they arise.