The Internal Controls and Audit Analyst role is an entry level position responsible for monitoring compliance and maintenance activities related to the organization's internal controls. Analyst will be responsible for performing operational reviews of processes and functions throughout the company to ensure effective and efficient controls for accurate financial reporting. The position collaborates with process owners on control designs and assists in implementation of process changes, along with promoting compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
1. Performs quality control reviews of key business functions, including operations and lending. Reports results with business owners.
2. Provides assurance on the quality of the control environment to business units through the performance of routine reviews and verification procedures.
3. Oversees and coordinates system access administration, assures timely completion, and verifies adherence to change control policies and procedures.
4. Identifies and evaluates inefficient or ineffective controls and control gaps. Makes recommendations to improves processes, and assists business units in implementation
5. Consults with business units in designing internal controls and compliance tests to confirm the adequacy of internal controls over new and existing business activities.
6. Performs specialized audits, compliance testing, and process mapping as needed.
7. Supports the accounting and finance functions, including general ledger entries, reconciliations, and month end reporting.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and no sponsorship required for employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Clear and proactive communicator through verbal and written interactions.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong decision making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties simultaneously
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.