Creative Financial Staffing is seeking an Internal Auditor for one of their top clients. Candidate should be highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The Auditor will be expected to independently lead and execute projects from planning to completion.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR
- Reviews and analyzes adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal control documentation provided by process owners in compliance with SOX.
- Makes recommendations to manager after evaluating SOX documents regarding courses of action and offers suggestions on a regular basis about which of the Bank’s SOX controls were key controls that would be audited (e.g., to simplify the Bank’s compliance process or to comply with changing laws).
- Assists with development of Bank’s Vendor Management Program and provides oversight for all functions related to the program. Performs administrative tasks as required by the Vendor Management Program.
- Coordinates documentation disbursement between process owners, Risk Management Committee, Internal Audit and External Audit. Maintains and administers electronic documentation and version control of SOX 404 documents.
- Assists Risk Management Manager in performing quarterly interviews of management personnel regarding the current status of risk management in their respective areas. Performs administrative duties for interviews, including scheduling and preparation of questionnaire and notes.
- Assists Risk Management Manager with administrative duties for Risk Management Committee meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation, and minute preparation as well as on other duties related to risk management, including insurable risk.
- Keeps apprised of regulatory issues and updates related to SOX 404, risk management, including insurable risk and related topics; advises Risk Management Manager and Risk Management Committee as needed.