Well established accounting firm located in Fishers, IN has a vacancy for an experienced Tax Return Reviewer/Client Auditor. This position is full-time during tax season with reduced hours off-season. Extra hours worked during tax season may be banked with the option to use the banked hours for additional Paid Time Off.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review work papers and tax returns prepared by the Firm’s tax professionals for individuals (federal and multi-state tax returns), C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, estates, gift and non-profit entities.
- Prepare work papers and tax returns for individuals (federal and multi-state tax returns), C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, trusts, estates, gift and non-profits entities as directed.
- Use Word and/or Excel to document and support tax return review and tax return prep.
- Perform tax research where appropriate.
- Resolve or escalate complex tax issues as appropriate.
- Contact clients directly as warranted.
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Follow prescribed procedures, rules and laws while being mindful of ways to streamline and enhance processes and work flow.
- Prioritize work flow throughout the day.
- Maintain accurate time and expense records.
- Keep Manager informed of work in progress.
- Stay current on trends and economic developments.
- Complete Continuing Professional Education (CPE) on time as provided by the Firm.
- Be cognizant of business and networking opportunities to benefit the Firm.