Aston Carter is searching for qualified candidates to fill an Internal Audit role for a client in the St Louis area.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity. Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries. Evaluate taxpayer finances to determine tax liability, using knowledge of interest and discount rates, annuities, valuation of stocks and bonds, and amortization valuation of depletable assets.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, worker's compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- 2-4 years of Internal Audit Experience
- Ability to work independently and manage own time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses. Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.