The Operational and Corporate Audit team is responsible for independently evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the control structure for both enabling and operating departments within GM Financial North America. Results of the evaluation are reported to management along with recommendations for improvement. Operations Audit also performs consultative audits upon management request and participates in company projects to help management identify risks and controls.
- Supervise the performance of audits, including completion of the planning, design flow, risk assessment, testwork, reporting, and wrap-up phases of the audit with assistance from Internal Audit management.
- Identify control weaknesses, regulatory compliance issues, and other areas of risk.
- Present Audit findings to department management with assistance from Internal Audit management.
- Complete audit assignments in an efficient and timely manner (i.e., by the budgeted/estimated dates and provide updates to in-charge/management as needed).
- Direct and review work of staff, demonstrating effective leadership skills on a continuous basis, including developing, training, mentoring, and providing formal performance feedback evaluation for audit staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the needs of the department.
- Draft audit issues and formal audit reports and present Audit issues to department management with assistance from Internal Audit management.
- Ensure audits are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with audit standards.