Internal Auditor – downtown Orlando
About the Company
Our client is a leading REIT organization looking to hire an Internal Auditor. The right Internal Auditor will have a combined thorough knowledge in accounting procedures and a sound judgment, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Job Responsibilities of the Internal audit role include:
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
- Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Engaging to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards