About the Company
Our client, located in Trumbull, CT, is a manufacturing firm looking for an Internal Auditor consultant. This company offers free breakfast and biweekly team building activities!
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 years professional experience as an auditor. This is a major project so this person will be hands on, motivated, and very analytical. This person will also have strong communication skills and be open to flexible working hours.
Specific duties in this internal audit role include:
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
- Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintaining open communication with management and audit committee
- Documenting process and preparing audit findings memorandum
- Conducting follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engaging to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards