Local Fort Wayne Manufacturing company looking to add to their Internal Auditing Team. This company is a Fort Wayne staple and employees feel proud to list them on their resumes. The company likes to promote from within so ideally would like to hire employees into their Auditing team for 2 years and help foster their growth to other departments in Finance or Accounting as desired.
Under the direction of the Audit Manager, this position is responsible for performing audit activities designed to assess the adequacy of the internal controls, records, policies, procedures, and processes in place at the credit union.
• Performs audits of moderately complex areas and processes
• Working in conjunction with the Aduit Manager, summarizes audit results and participates in communicating audit results (both written and verbal) to the appropriate level of management
• Conducts special reviews, projects, and investigations
• Makes recommendations to Internal Audit management for improvements
• Performs other duties as necessary.
- Computer spreadsheet, database, and audit software literacy.
- Analytical skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in application of internal audit theory, standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Proficiency in accounting principles and techniques
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• Min 2 years in Public Accounting
• Active CPA or desire to sit for exam