Classification: Internal Audit Manager/Director
Compensation: $110000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
Established and growing client in the Baltimore area is looking to add an Internal Audit Manager to their growing team. A successful candidate needs to be based or commutable to the Baltimore metro area on a daily / weekly basis. Most of this role can be hybrid, but will be required to work at various sites in and around Maryland, so much be relatively local to the area. This role will play an integral part of the audit team, and will primarily be focused on building out the operational audit function and team as this part of the audit department continues to grow. CPA / CIA / CISA certification is strongly preferred, as well as prior supervisory experience.
* Conduct comprehensive operational audits and develop risk assessments of corporate processes and cross-functional areas.
* Development of audit objectives, scope and audit program for each area reviewed.
* Liaise with Regional and Corporate leadership teams in relation to Operational Audit activities and strategy.
* Deliver timely on all audit plan objectives, with the ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously with little oversight.
* Performs multiple complex audits with significant scope and impact.
* Develop and review audit planning and programs for each engagement, ensuring audit objectives, risks, internal controls, and audit procedures are appropriately identified and documented in line with the audit methodologies.
* Develop an annual risk based audit plan focused on the company’s key risks and management’s concerns.
* Oversee the preparation of the risk assessment process for locational audits.
* Coordinate the company’s SOX testing with management and the company’s external auditors.
* Timely and accurately prepares audit reports for Senior Leadership review.
* Recommend appropriate process improvements, enhancements to existing policies and controls, and issue remediation plans to management.