The Manager, Internal Audit reports to the VP Internal Audit and will lead and execute all phases of internal audit projects including audit planning, fieldwork, reporting, and validation of management action plan completion. Key responsibilities of the Manager, Internal Audit will include the following:
- Provide direction and coaching to IA team members and external service providers in the completion of internal audits and other activities;
- Evaluate processes, identify risks and controls, and develop risk focused audit plans to ensure control adequacy;
- Execute field work, identify and communicate audit findings to senior leadership;
- Assist in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs, working papers and internal audit reports;
- Monitor management's follow-up actions and as needed, report on status.
- Perform testing and validation of management actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required.
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience and 4 years of internal audit experience including risk-based audits and audit team leadership.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is required
- Understanding of risk-based audit methodology and accepted risk and control frameworks.
- Demonstrated customer-focused approach to auditing; works to understand customer expectations and requirements.
- Experience in the use of data analytics to more effectively and efficiently perform audit activities is an asset.