ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Perform advanced, specialized and/or managerial auditing work in multiple disciplines. Responsible for managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audits; and providing expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements and information technology skills.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance under section 302/404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act by documenting and testing internal controls along with facilitation of gap remediation.
- Analyze control deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement in effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare complex audit reports using advanced writing skills.
- Assists senior internal audit management in the performance of risk assessments for: 1) the development of the annual internal audit plan; 2) the planning of the audit engagement for the determination of the scope of work that meets the audit objectives of those project listed on the annual internal audit plan.
- Understands and applies current internal control conceptual frameworks in conducting audits; including, 1) COSO, COBIT 2) the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Ethics, 3) risk assessment practices, and 4) contemporary audit tools and techniques.
- Utilizes data extraction/analysis when appropriate.
- Maintains department quality standards; including, completion of the annual internal audit plan.