About the Company
Our client, a publicly-traded company within the insurance industry is seeking to add an Internal Audit Manager to their growing finance/accounting team. This position is newly created role and will be great for a self-motivate individual who can take initiative. This role requires NO travel, and offers great company benefits. Additionally, the company fosters a team environment that believes in giving back to the community.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for developming procedures, schedules, priorities and programs to align Internal Audit objectives and goals with the strategies of the corporation.
Specific duties in this accounting audit role include:
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Develop and manage risk assessment methodologies, design risk management tools and be responsible for assessing risk factors and identifying high-risk areas within various divisions and companies in the organization.
- Determine internal audit scope and developing annual plans.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Facilitate the evaluation of key business processes, risks and controls. Manage the evaluation of financial reporting controls (SOX 404).
- Develop and maintain productive and effective customer and staff relationships.
- Serve as a contact for corporate, locations, and external auditors regarding auditing and fraud matters or projects. Assist in coordinating audits/projects with external professionals/specialists.
- Keep current on changes in US GAAP, Audit standards and regulatory changes and drive awareness across the department
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintaining open communication with director of audit and audit committee
- Conducting follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engaging to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards