INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
My client is a high growth and well-respected credit union in the San Antonio area. The perks are too many to mention with this opportunity... Flexible working hours, work-life balance, no travel, the opportunity to make a real impact on a team of highly motivated auditors! The audit team is made of energetic and knowledgeable professionals that have been “hand picked” by the leaders within audit. The role is only available because the next in line for this role was poached from another area of the organization. This team is seeking an individual that consistently presents a professional attitude and promotes positivity in the workplace.
The ideal candidate must have at least 8 years experience in public accounting, Internal Audit within a financial institution or credit union, or Financial Examiner/Investigations experience as well as 5 years managing a team of 5 or more. The ideal candidate will also have CPA, CIA, CFE or other applicable certification.
WHAT WILL THE INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER DO?
The Internal Audit Manager will lead and provide guidance to a team of ~10 in performing complex operational, financial, and compliance engagements using a consultative approach designed to add value and improve operations.
• Provide oversight, managing, and mentorship to staff of ~10
• Monitor the status and completion of all audit projects on the annual audit plan.
• Participate in audit and strategic planning and development of the audit function.
• Demonstrate savvy business acumen and an in-depth understanding of risk management
• Display conflict resolution and negotiation skills through appropriate persuasion and genuine empathy to assist business units in problem identification and solutions.
• Recommend enhancements to internal controls to facilitate compliance with all applicable internal policies and procedures, insurance and vendor agreements, state and federal regulations, safety and soundness considerations.
• Offer solutions to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
• Identify and implement new ways of approaching engagements to add value as well as create efficiencies and overall efficacy through balancing all available resources.
• Identify opportunities to implement computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to achieve audit objectives.
• Actively seek out relationships with management and leaders throughout the organization to create a strong team environment.
• Assist in the selecting and hiring of audit candidates.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s degree required – accounting, business, finance or IT
• 5 - 7 years of experience in public accounting or internal audit is required, including internal control identification, risk assessment and analysis, and solid understanding of financial institutions.
• 5 years prior experience in supervising, training, or managing a team larger than 5 people.
• CPA or CIA certification
• Advanced Excel, complex formulas and pivot tables
• Advanced data analytic skills to include developing and implementing CAATs utilizing ACL, Monarch, Microsoft Access / Excel, or SQL
US-TX-San Antonio, Texas
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 /Year