SNI Certes has partnered with a Ft. Worth client in their search for an Interim Controller.
This role starts ASAP and is anticipated to last approximately three months.
REPORTS TO: CFO
The Controller, reporting to CFO, will manage the accounting department and preparation of monthly financials for parent company and two operating subsidiaries.
Primary responsibilities may include development and analysis of financial and operating results, support accounting functions, forecasting and analysis of budgets, tax compliance and payroll.
These objectives will be achieved by an experienced, self-directed Controller who has solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills in the operational scope of this growing private-equity backed oil field services company.
- Managing accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordination of monthly accounting close for parent company and two operating subsidiaries
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and management reports, providing management with information vital to decision-making process
- Responsible for directing accounting function
- Directing the establishment of accounting principles, practices and procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Oversee and coordinate tax filings and regulatory compliance
- Manage year-end close, preparing annual financial statements, annual audit, and compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations
- Analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management's attention
- Assist in acquisitions, integrations and system implementations as needed
- Assist in hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Direct reports may include accounting and support staff
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination, evaluation and management of direct and indirect reporting employees
- Management of employee performance, development and training (technical and non-technical)
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred or relevant professional certification such as CPA or CMA
- 10+ years of accounting experience preferably in Oil & Gas Oilfield Services industry, including 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in public accounting is required
- Demonstrated financial reporting, accounting principles, payroll procedures and data systems analysis
- Experience working with Microsoft Navision a plus
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgement with ability to make timely and sound decisions