CSI Professional is actively seeking a Insurance Cash Reconciliation Specialist for a position with our client located in the Brentwood, TN area. This is an exciting opportunity to join on of the fastest growing provider of healthcare management, business, and operational services, team! These are direct-hire full-time opportunities.
Hours: Monday-Friday normal business hours
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate posting of payments, denials and adjustments. Accurate and detailed posting of EOP and EFT payments from insurance companies and private parties to patient accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The below listed duties are not all inclusive. This position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
- Post all payments, manual and electronic to patient accounts timely and accurately.
- Correct payment posting errors and/or report any discrepancies to management
- Balances and Reconcile posted payments to the daily bank deposit.
- Work to identify and resolve payment posting issues
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient accounts by following HIPAA guidelines
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity benchmark targets as established by management
- Communicate daily with management on payor trends identified
- Export all 835 electronic payment files in preparation of posting
- Resolve any edits and report issues timely and accurately from all 835 payer files
- Post all non-EDI payments, contractual allowances, rejection codes, deductibles, and copayments
- Research unidentified payments and/or recoupments to determine appropriate resolution
- Identify credit balances at time of posting and submit request refund request for approval.
- Maximized efficiency in the posting team and coordinates across functional teams to resolve issues and improve overall Revenue Cycle performance.
- Performs other required duties in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- Cooperates with others to meet department requirements and goals.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum one-year cash posting experience utilizing lock boxes and clearing house to retrieve remits and payment information to accurately post payments to patient accounts
- High School Graduate minimum education requirement
- Excellent work tenure history is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools as well as hospital patient accounting systems and billing systems.
- Should have excellent phone and communication skills
- Strong data entry and ten key skills required.
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines is required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, validate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work OT as needed during Month End Close
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS: Describe the physical demands and normal or usual conditions under which the job is performed.
- Frequently sitting. Occasional standing and walking. Ability to pull, lift, carry and push up to 10lbs occasionally. Frequent stooping, kneeling, balancing, and balancing. 95% of work will be performed inside with noise and/or vibrations. No extreme heat, cold, wet or humid work environment. Repetitive physical and verbal interaction with coworkers, vendors and/or patients.
MENTAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS: Describe the mental demands and normal or usual conditions under which the job is performed.
- Must successfully manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.