Responsible for planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. Responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network. Assists in all IT audits, IT risk assessments and regulatory compliance.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
* Four (4) years IT security experience
o To include experience administering IT security controls in an organization
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or related certification
Major Accountabilities and Tasks:
1. Selects, installs, tests, and maintains the enterprise security solutions, including but not limited to virus/spyware/malware protection, border firewalls, desktop firewalls, switch and router security, domain policies, password controls.
2. Develops security measures and operates software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption.
3. Monitors information systems and computer networks for security issues. Documents any security breaches and assesses the damages. Maintains oversight of IT and vendors regarding the security maintenance of their systems and applications.
4. Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols and standard in support of security enhancement and development efforts. Monitors and evaluates emerging security alerts/issues and makes recommendation to management.
5. Leads the development, maintenance and testing of IT security policies and procedures for both internal and external networks.
6. Ensures all new systems and configuration changes comply with security policy.
7. Maintains an active working knowledge on information technology trends and security standards.
8. Leads security assessments, act as a focal point in internal/external audits, network penetration and vulnerability testing utilizing IT security tools and methodologies to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures. Repairs any detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high security standard.
9. Works as a team member of the Emergency Management team to assist in the recovery of information systems and data in the event of a local or organization wide disaster.
10. Tests server disaster recovery plans for procedural accuracy and availability time frames.
11. Leads and oversees security incident response activities, including detection, response, escalation, remediation, and documentation of incidents.
12. Works with Network Technology to ensure documentation of server, applicant and network configuration and topology is current and compliant with credit union security policies.
13. Mentors other team members to develop individual contributor skillset.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.