IT Service Desk Analyst I
The IT Service Desk Analyst I acts as the front line technical support professional for all employees, affiliates, and temporary staff of Amerant Bank, while providing excellent customer service with either high levels of first contact resolution or by properly routing the IT Service Case to the specialized resolution unit thereby ensuring efficient management of the case.
Volume of Cases: A monthly average of 2,300 IT Service Cases are handled by a group of four.
Total Volume of Requestors: 1000+
Duties and responsibilities include:
The Service Desk Analyst I is expected to effectively execute the following with some direct supervision and regular guidance for all IT Service cases they own:
- Call Handling:
o Answer incoming telephone and online IT Service Cases within benchmark times.
o Provide professional technical support, guidance, and updates.
o Use technical expertise to yield high levels of first contact resolution when possible.
o Elicit and document sufficient details that will be useful to resolve the case.
o Route IT Service Case to the appropriate resolution teams to resolve cases beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Correctly and Continuously Prioritize the IT Service Case:
o Ensure that IT Service Cases are logged with appropriate Category, Priority, detailing Urgency and Impact accordingly.
o Consider Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) of the IT Service Cases owned.
o Communicate changes in priorities (Impact and Urgency) to IT peers working on the same efforts.
- Monitoring of IT Service Management Tool:
o Monitor all IT Service Cases, to ensure progress and effective resolution.
o Take complete ownership of the IT Service Cases and follow-ups.
- Close out IT Service Case:
o Ensure that all appropriate documentation is included in the IT Service Management tool.
o Enter proper case resolution and change ticket status for resolution and automatic closure.
- Stay abreast of all new key technology used to support key operations in the organization.
- Communicate on demand statuses to stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the case.
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Professional writing skills.
- Effective business verbal communication skills.
- Use of MicroSoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Basic Business mathematics skills.
- Bilingual required (English/Spanish)
- Multi-Tasking Skills.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
High School graduate or GED required. Associate Degree preferred. Bachelor a plus. Certified computer professional in A+ and ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
- One year experience in actively completing some or all of the required duties and responsibilities listed above within a banking or technology environment.
- IT Service Management experience is a plus.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
- Conceptual knowledge of AS/400 utilities and core banking processes and applications.
- Good understanding of Windows, Office 365 (Outlook), and MS Office
- Must have a good understanding of PC Hardware components
- Must be able to support DellPCs/Laptops and HP & Konica Printers.