To apply to this opportunity please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Principal Duties & Responsibilities The IT SOx Auditor will work within the general guidelines provided by the Internal Audit Manager and Sr. IT Sox Auditors in connection with Grainger’s SOx 404 process. The role’s key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Assist the Manager and Sr. IT SOx Auditor with the development of the annual SOx testing plan.
• Assist with the planning, performing, and managing field work to evaluate the effectiveness of key IT internal controls for financial reporting (ITGC and Application Controls).
• Perform detailed testing to ensure risks are appropriately identified, associated audit procedures are applied and related controls are designed and operating to mitigate the identified risks. Identify and update the SOx 404 Framework for control and/or testing changes identified through testing.
• Assist the Sr. IT SOx Auditor in documenting and reporting control deficiencies upon discussion with business owners, collaborate with business owners regarding recommendations to address the root cause of issues and report on the status of implementation of management remedial actions.
• Participate in cross-functional committees designed to enhance overall governance compliance program development and continuous process improvements.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the external auditors and global Controllership teams, including Global Internal Controls Teams and ICFR owners.
• Keep up to date with changes in regulations, governance and best practices. Assist the Sr. IT SOx Auditor in reviewing and updating testing procedures and templates to ensure any changes in regulations, governance, or best practices are reflected and incorporated into testing.
• Assist with Entity Level Controls and SOC-1 Testing.
• Assist other Internal Audit Managers and Lead Seniors with planning and execution of IT related audits throughout the company during SOx slow times.
• Maintain detail oriented certifications and related educational requirements as well as other duties assigned by the Internal Audit Manager.
Education/Certifications Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in management/computer information systems, computer sciences, or equivalent combination of education, training, and years of experience is required.
• Certifications in IT compliance standards (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM) is a plus.
• Other relevant detail oriented certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is a plus.
• Master’s degree or other relevant certification is a plus. Experience
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of processes, risks and internal controls.
• Understanding of audit methodologies, processes and control frameworks (e.g., COSO)
• PC proficiency in MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
• Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively with operating, divisional and executive management.
• Strong analytical, deductive and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Understanding of IT general controls and application controls best practices.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of major risk and control frameworks or IT frameworks (e.g., COSO 2013, COBIT, ISO, CMM, ITIL) is a plus. Work Environment
• Drive an automobile, carry a laptop PC and other requisite equipment/supplies to remote a
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.