IT Application Support Manager
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a leader that is passionate about innovation. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in financial services, the ability to manage a team spread out in multiple locations.
IT Application Support Manager Compensation
IT Application Support Manager Responsibilities
- Provide supervision of Core Application Support Department. Includes coaching, annual reviews, annual salary adjustments, approval of requested PTO, time-clock adjustments and pay period time-clock reviews/approvals.
- Coordinate work assignments of department personnel. Includes assignments involving offline reporting systems, automation tools and general project support roles from a Core IT perspective.
- Ensure daily, monthly and quarterly operational responsibilities are competed including backup personnel if needed. Examples include: posting of external ATE files, importing aggregation data files, verifying report archival, quarterly report/file creation/distribution, support for third-party vendor interface files, use of automation tools, verification of item image and core processing (BOSS) SLAs, offline reporting systems core data imports and external file loads along with scheduled reports generation.
- Review of all changes to SOX in-scope financial report changes for proper approval and verification of accuracy when promoted to Production; management of projects and modifications to FIS systems/software, for approvals through completion, maintaining all documentation, project profiles and work closely with Project Management Office throughout a projects duration; taking a lead role to assign and manage appropriate resources, review/update policies when necessary.
- Primary owner of core processor software updates/releases. Includes opening a project profile with the PMO for all releases that have a significant impact on multiple departments, managing associates participation, ensure appropriate documentation has been distributed to impacted departments, confirming testing is properly assigned, manage test and production go-live dates, manage documentation and actual test results.
- Key member of the Business Continuity Planning team. Pre-planning and active participation in all BCP exercises and responsibility to plan, communicate and participate in the FIS core DRE, serve as the main contact and participate in the FIS core Sheltered Harbor.
- Work with other departments in project implementation when those project also touch the core. Includes attending preliminary and ongoing meetings to offer experiential advice and assign appropriate resource(s) to insure that assigned associates test appropriately and maintain documentation.
- Serve as work group leader for conversions and acquisitions. Includes working very closely with PMO; assigning project tasks to appropriate associates; monitor and update PMO documentation; communicate with assigned FIS resources; track progress; escalate as required.
- Provide for proper audit trail of all internal projects. Includes a weekly status meeting with staff and maintaining a Project Status spreadsheet.
- Committee appointments/meetings as assigned, including but not limited to: COO’s quarterly meeting, Enterprise Risk Committee, IT Steering Committee, President’s annual managers meeting, adhoc meetings and/or PMO meetings as required, PMO update meeting.
- Completes annual compliance courses. Includes making sure all associates complete them as well.
IT Application Support Manager Qualifications
- A four year degree; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be computer/business or financial industry related.
- High degree of knowledge of financial services operations
- Understanding of computer programming fundamentals, database management, middlewares and integrations of software programs.
- Experience with FIS Horizon, or other comparable major banking core, preferred but not required.
- High degree of skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Experience managing large, primary vendor relationships including but not limited to, contract management, pricing negotiation, software updates, customizations and overall partnership with the Bank.
- Experience managing a technology team, managing daily workload and project assignments, annual reviews, disciplinary actions and coaching.
- Experience managing to approved budget for personnel and software expenses.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct personnel.