Human Resources Generalist
Summary: Our growing Real Estate client in the East Side area of Charleston, SC area is looking for a motivated and experienced Human Resources Generalist to the entire HR program for the 75-person organization and its affiliates! The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded HR background and previous experience implementing HR processes. This position is responsible for providing HR leadership and expertise, including Employee Relations, HR Compliance, Benefits Administration, Talent Acquisition, Compensation Analysis, New Hire Orientation, Onboarding, Organizational Development, Training, and overall HR Administration. This person will build strong relationships with the leaders and employees to support of the full HR function to ensure that the business and talent management objectives are achieved.
Compensation: $55,000 -70,000 (possibly more, depending on experience)
Location: Charleston, SC or Charlotte, NC (on-site)
- Lead key initiatives and provide solutions around employee relations, benefits, compensation, organization development, performance management, talent acquisition, new hire orientation, onboarding, etc.
- Oversee the entire HR program for a 75-person organization and its 2 affiliates
- Coach and mentor 1+ HR associates
- Ensure that HR policies are being followed
- Manage Talent Acquisition process and liaise with recruiting agencies for hiring assistance
- Manage the hiring and onboarding process for the organization
- Administer and lead the benefits administration process
- Review and analyze external vs internal market rates as it relates to compensation and make necessary recommendations
- Partner with management to educate on HR laws, complaint interview practices, etc.
Handle complaints, settles disputes, resolves grievances, and conflicts, and conducts internal investigative procedures.
Identify training needs and solutions as well as individual leadership coaching needs.
- Strive to continually find ways to improve HR operations
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Federal and State Laws including FMLA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle HR role wearing many hats at small companies
- Broad experience in employee relations, organizational development, compliance, talent management, benefits, and compensation/rewards.
- Proven experience creating new HR processes
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- A hands-on self-starter who is an agent for positive change and innovation, inspiring employees to the highest standards of performance through frequent communication, good management practices, performance measurement systems, and leadership.
- A proven ability to take initiative to anticipate customer needs and recommend actions to address challenges.
- Real Estate industry is a plus
- Experience implementing HRIS systems in a plus.