The Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is the point of contact assisting clients with the origination of residential mortgage loans, which includes providing analysis and advice to clients and/or prospects on mortgage solutions to meet their needs and financial objectives. They are expected to collaborate with the fulfillment department to meet the needs of our clients from the point of registration to closing. It is also the expectation to meet or exceed established sales metrics and maintain high standards of client satisfaction and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The role of the Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is to originate and process residential real estate mortgage in accordance with Key Bank Mortgage’s process and product guidelines. The Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is responsible for gathering documents at the time of registering a loan and is expected to remain, along with the loan processor, the point of contact for the customer during the duration of the loan. This person is to maintain high standards of client satisfaction and quality, ensure sales/originator systems and work flows are efficiently controlled. Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is responsible for knowing all Federal Regulations and bank policies/procedures. As needed and in partnership with all bank partners, the Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is expected to help with joint calls with potential clients to develop new business both in person and over the phone. Healthcare Lending Specialist MLO is to keep informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry. In addition, the position is to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Meet with clients for mortgage opportunities as scheduled
- Review Book of Business client profiles with retail partners to uncover mortgage opportunities
- For LOs who also call on Private Banking, a pipeline review should be held with PB RMs
- Expedite loans in process by regularly reviewing pipeline, following up on documentation with borrowers, interacting with title companies, realtors, attorneys, etc.
- Self -source and market to centers of influence (COI) for business development
- Attend external events to develop and maintain COI.
- Production Reviews: Meet with Regional Manager to review mortgage production to goal results. Discuss and gain commitment on activities for success based on the annual mortgage production goal; what it will take to achieve; number of referrals needed for each application, number of applications needed for each closing.
- One on One: Meet with Regional Manager to review production results to goal and Sales Action Plan.
Annual Goal Setting and Individual Sales Action Planning: LOs will receive a Goal Setting/Sales Planning Toolkit from their manager to draft their individual Sales Action Plan. The Sales Action Plan should outline production goals and include COI activities not addressed in the LO Playbook. The LO will then meet with their Sales Manager to finalize the individual production goal and Sales Action Plan. The Sales Action Plan will be recorded on page two of this Playbook, and along with the Playbook, will be used to measure performance against a documented plan.
- Five (5) years experience as a loan officer in 1st mortgage production
- Proven track and network within medical industry (physician, dentist, veterinarian)
- Ability to effectively manage high net worth client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Possesses advanced technical knowledge and understanding of business tax returns, trusts, LLCs, and other asset protection tools used by high net worth clients
- A working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, TIL regulations, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA regulations, local and state real estate and finance laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Proficient in sales and service skills; including tele-consulting, prospecting, networking and COI relationship management.
- Strong financial acumen
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $92.9 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,335 ATMs; telephone banking centers ; and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to mid-sized businesses through a footprint of over 1,000 branches, more than 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking centers, and robust online and mobile capabilities.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled