CSI Professional is actively seeking a Healthcare A/R Specialist for a position with our client located in the Sunrise, FL area. This is an exciting opportunity to join our client’s, a national medical group comprising providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric physician sub-specialty services, team!
Schedule: Monday - Friday (normal business hours)
A/R Accounting Specialist is responsible for effective and efficient A/R management of contract subsidies. The A/R Accounting Specialist will ensure timely, accurate follow-up on contract subsidies by reviewing and updating contract accounts and spreadsheets; contacting facility administrators, providers and Company management; processing invoices; preparing adjustments; and collecting payments due within the department’s required time frames.
- Superior written and verbal communication and extensive computer skills are required, including (but not limited to):
- intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- experience using MS Word; GPMS, NextGen, MedSuite, OBR, OnBase, Masterdatabase and the ability to quickly master new software applications.
- Accounting, bookkeeping, administrative and/or healthcare experience, or equivalent education, is also required.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effectively follows-up on accounts receivable.
- Reviews GPMS contract accounts and assesses payment history, in order to invoice (when necessary) and/or collect overdue payments on a timely basis.
- Contacts facility administrators, providers and/or Company employees to follow up on billing or collections when necessary. Ensures only appropriate persons in facilities or in PCompany are contacted per the department’s guidelines.
- Documents clear and concise notes in GPMS contract accounts to assure appropriate ongoing follow-up and effective review by management.
- Effectively utilizes billing and collection tools such as aging reports, queue reports, “not worked” reports and others, to ensure all contract stipends are always billed and collected within the department’s required time frames.
- Maintains up-to-date data in GPMS contract accounts, and in the department’s Contract Billing Spreadsheets.
- Seeks guidance from appropriate management to resolve discrepancies between GPMS accounts and Contract Billing Spreadsheets.
- Updates GPMS account information and/or Contract Spreadsheets as directed by Management.
- Adheres to the End of Month deadlines for data entry in the Billing Spreadsheets.
- Reviews accounts and prepares necessary adjustments.
- Reviews variable rate contract accounts for accuracy (ie; correct amounts were billed, payments were posted correctly, appropriate adjustments were made, etc.).
- Identifies and processes refunds for overpayments made by facilities.
- Calculates adjustments as necessary. Works with Management to ensure accuracy.
- Performs account reconciliations when new contracts have retroactive dates and/or rates.
- Meets or exceeds required departmental productivity standards on a consistent basis.
- Average of quality and quantity productivity standards must meet or exceed 94%.
- Ensures all billing is accurately recorded, generated, and mailed out on a monthly basis.
- Ensures all payment due are timely collected on a monthly basis.
- Performs a variety of other necessary duties.
- Assists on various special projects as determined by Management.
- Always meets deadline dates and times on assigned projects.
- Work overtime in mandatory situations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
- Any patient private health information (PHI) must not be divulged on any account except to payers that need the information in order to process the claim for payment.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Performs other job-related duties within the job scope as requested by Management of Patient Accounts.
- Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Represents the corporation in a positive fashion and makes all individuals feel as comfortable as possible.
- Conducts all business in a professional manner maintaining respect for individuals at all times.
- Complies with departmental and company-wide policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant awareness of potential safety hazards insuring necessary safety precautions.
- Reads and complies with established policies and procedures.
For additional information, please apply!