HEAD OF MARKET RISK
We have a perm Market Risk role with a bank in the NYC area. This will be moving quickly and certainly an exciting role! Below are the details
- 10+ years of market risk experience
- middle office experience
- well rounded with : Financial Risk (Market, Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk)
- experience in the 2nd line of defense
MBA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) credentials.
Strong understanding of accounting principles related to Investment Portfolios (i.e., AFS vs HTM, AOCI, OTTI, Derivative and Hedge Accounting).
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Financial Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 10 Years + of combined experience both as a Market Risk Officer (in the second line of defense) and in a Front Office Capital Markets role (i.e., Bank Treasury, ALM and/or Funding).
- Deep understanding, familiarity and experience with fixed income products and analytics, specifically MBS, CMOs, CMBS, CLOs and municipal bonds.
- Deep understanding of Bank ALM, liquidity and funding principles including NII & EVE, non maturity deposits analysis, stress testing and various assumptions. This should include deep understanding of model creation and validation as well as prior experience with regulatory US liquidity modeling and reporting.
- Outstanding Communication Skills to interface with: regulators, stakeholders, Senior Management, Committees and employees of all levels.
- Thorough understanding of Credit, Market, Operational, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk. Prior experience with Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, Value-at-Risk, fixed income derivative valuations.
- Continuously develop, enhance and embed the Market Risk Management Framework by partnering with CFO, Treasurer, Operations, Controller Audit and relevant players at Bank Leumi le-Israel (parent company) to deliver effective risk management to the Bank.
- Provide independent oversight of bank's portfolio to ensure obedience with limits as established by the Board of Directors and Asset/Liability & Investment Committee 'ALICO', regulatory guidance including but not limited to Dodd-Frank and Volker-Rule,.
- Proactively and frequently contribute to the Asset/Liability & Investment Committee ('ALICO') where the Head of Market Risk will be responsible for stress testing, model validation and back testing deliverables; developing and recommending policy enhancements.
- Provide an independent and effective challenge and oversight of the Investment Portfolio including FX, Interest Rates Swaps and IRS activity; Asset/Liability Management, Funding & Liquidity Functions; Security Based Lending.
- Collaborate across the organization, research industry best practices and provide the best solutions in achieving growth targets safely, gain buy-in from stakeholders including Senior Management.
- Evaluate the quality of the risk management and monitoring throughout the Bank
- Develop and evaluate stress scenarios and run firm wide stress scenarios
- Prepare the annual challenge of the work plan analysis
- Prepare the Executive Risk Management Committee's meeting packages and reports, including CRO Dashboards
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.