Compensation: $210000.00 to $240000.00 yearly
Robert Half Financial Services are hiring for a Head of Finance role within a growing Securities firm located in downtown Manhattan New York. Our client requires 12+ years Broker Dealer Finance or Accounting experience and the FINOP/Series 27 License. The role will report directly into the CEO and manage a small team. The role requires at least 3 days per week in the downtown Manhattan office.
The objective of the Head of Finance is to manage the firm’s financial risks and improve the profitability of the firm. The role oversees financial planning, treasury, budgeting, forecasting, funding, the monitoring of cash flows, financial planning and analysis (FP& A), and accurate and timely record maintenance and financial reporting to the senior management team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by division
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget
- File and prepare any financial reporting for regulators, employees, lenders, partners
- Implement financial planning and analysis. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Financial Management and Treasury
- Oversee cash and investments. Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability. Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks
- Lead efforts to retain loans, letters of credit, or other banking products. Track associated covenants.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable. Approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise the T& E reimbursement process and policy
Accounting, Tax, and Administrative
- Prepare and manage all communications related to monthly FOCUS reports, annual financial statements, and partnership agreements
- Prepare and file all local, state and federal tax documents
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies. Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits, remain current on audit best practices
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, regulators, and officials
- Manage and train direct reports