Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a public, fast-growing Boston based REIT to identify a Property Accountant. This is a newly created position that is open due to growth. Our client is seeking someone who wants to have a direct impact and wants a role that is more than just day-to-day accounting. This is a career opportunity not just a job opportunity.
Why the Property Accountant opportunity?
- The Company: Publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust with a focus on industrial properties.
- The Growth: In the 1.5 years since filing their IPO they have nearly doubled their portfolio. By year end they will have 88 buildings on 63 properties (nearly 13M sq. ft. under management). Also, they just raised another $62M in capital. Since the IPO they have raised more than $225M in capital.
- Opportunity: The accounting team is comprised of a CFO, Controller, Senior Manager of SEC Reporting, a Corporate Accountant and a Property Accountant. This role will be a key player in building out the accounting infrastructure to support the growth of the company. This role not only focuses on day to day accounting but also in process upgrades or implementations.
- Exposure: Working as the right hand to Controller, the Property Accountant will work closely with and have daily exposure to the executive management team, including the CEO and founders of the organization. Compensation/Benefits: Highly competitive base + 100% company paid medical and dental coverage + unlimited vacation.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience preferably within commercial property accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Yardi preferred