The Intersect Group is seeking a remote Government Underwriter for our direct client. The Government Underwriter will perform a detailed review of residential mortgage loan applications and documentation as submitted through our Lending Officers. These extensive reviews will include, but not be limited to credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, collateral and other applicable documentation as required to render an affirmed decision.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Provide quality assurance on all loan approvals
- Analyze borrower's credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Ensure loans meet both agency and government guidelines * Accurately calculate borrower's income and debt-to-income ratios
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Communicate loan decisions to internal departments in a timely manner
- Work closely with Account Managers, Lending Officers & Management to answer specific loan questions or verify condition and documentation request
- Maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
- Prioritize work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum quality & productivity goals
- 6+ years' experience as an Underwriter in a similar model including multi-state experience
- DE or SARR preferred- and sometimes required based on company needs
- Experience with both refinance & purchase preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC FHA and/or VA guidelines
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Excellent communication, follow up & computer skills
- College degree preferred, but not required
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 73682 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.