Government Underwriter Summary
CRG is seeking a professional and experienced Underwriter to underwrite residential loans. The role will see you examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, and will cover conventional, FHA, and Special Program loans. Our ideal Underwriter is extremely knowledgeable about all elements of their field, with incredible attention to detail and an analytical approach to ensure reviews are as thorough and accurate as possible. You’ll be a self-starter, able to deliver effective results in a busy and often changing environment. Paying a $200 referral for this amazing opportunity.
Excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family.
Government Underwriter Pay
- $125K - $135K salary
- $25k sign on bonus
- $10k quarterly retention bonus
Government Underwriter Duties
- Underwriting loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. This involves reviewing income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary reports, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals, and personal and business income statements.
- Deciding whether the file is complete enough to make your decision and requesting additional information if not.
- Using a fair and rational approach to make your decisions, undertaking reasonableness tests and ensuring your decisions are of high quality.
- Staying up to date with multiple loan product guidelines, as well as any other tools or requirements for you to excel in your role (such as TILA, RESPA, and Predatory Lending).
- Assisting in the preparation of repurchase responses and rebuttal reviews.
Government Underwriter Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- FHA Designation Required