Risk Manager for a multinational publicly-traded company. This position is located in The Woodlands, Texas!
Perks of the Risk Manager role:
- The company is undergoing major growth!
- This is a newly created position that has not existed before.
- Ambitious professionals will be rewarded with advancement opportunities!
- Report to VP Treasury; interact with CFO who truly see this as a stepping stone into the organization
What the Risk Manager will do…
- Manage all insurance programs; coordinate renewals, including preparing all marketing materials, submissions, and applications. Schedule and participate in any pre-renewal trips to insurance markets
- Make recommendations on insurance program structures to ensure optimal use of the insurance budget while maximizing coverage
- Work with brokers and local staff (and/or local JV leadership, as appropriate) to ensure local policy requirements are met as cost-effectively as possible
- Actively partner with the business to develop tangible, achievable risk reduction goals, and to consider safety improvement recommendations from a lead property insurer
- Collaborate with HS&E leadership to identify and quantify risks and develop and/or monitor safety metrics.
- Collaborate with Legal on risk identification, contract/legal issues, litigated/potentially litigated claims, and workers' compensation insurance
- Collaborate with IT on IT/Cyber Security issues, and risk mitigation efforts
- Collaborate with ERM leadership to identify risks, and develop and enhance our enterprise risk management framework and programs
- Conduct risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trend
- Manage broker relationships
- Monitor, track, and keep complete records for all insurance policies.
- Develop and maintain all appropriate policies and procedures related to the Company's global insurance risk management programs
- Ensure all insurance reporting requirements are met, including but not limited to premiums, broker fees, claims, lawsuits, certificates of insurance, and notices of insurance
What the company needs in a Risk Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics
- Strong knowledge of all types of insurance, markets, and brokers
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical reasoning, and financial modeling expertise
- Self-starter, able to draw solid, independent conclusions based on ambiguous information
- Ability to get into the details; can dive in and understand a problem and address it effectively
- Unafraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo; comfortable with change
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines