BCforward is currently seeking a Fund Accountant position in Boston, Massachusetts. Please review the job description and logistics of the opportunity and relay any interest you might have as well as the best time for you to discuss it in further detail.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Wage: $18/Hr. W2
The Fund Accountant is responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line. Leveraging our fund accounting technology, Fund Accountants will complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution. Fund Accountants ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
- Primary contact for derivative valuation inquiries
- Verify information.
- Escalate problem items.
- Manage daily volume.
- Ensure daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness.
- Help to ensure team deadlines and/or requirements are being met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues.
- Follow up on open inquiries.
- Interact with other departments on resolution of issues.
- Break follow up and resolution
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Communicate with internal departments as necessary.
- Contribute to Management Reporting (ie: Clarity, PVC's, past dues, cash breaks, R and A analysis)
- Gain an understanding of the big picture of how specific function impacts the firm.
- Contribute to Division/Firm process improvement activities.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
- Scrubbing Announcements from Market Data Vendors, Company Information, and Depositories and Agents
STRONG CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated PC skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- College graduation preferred but not mandatory
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 95988 when responding to this ad.