Fund Accountant (BW26946)
Our client, a leading real estate company, is currently looking for a Fund Accountant to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with a good work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. The pride themselves on promoting from within and helping their employees grow.
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for performing various accounting functions for the funds and investment area of the company. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Fund Accountant will ensure Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Real Estate Information Standards (REIS) and other applicable accounting pronouncements are appropriately followed.
- Perform accounting activities related to maintaining complete and accurate general ledger accounts.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data and reports for multiple entities.
- Prepare and distribute monthly investor fund and fund LLC-related financial reports, prepare monthly journal entries, close the books, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly investor fund financial reports and related supporting schedules and footnotes.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and provide supporting documentation monthly.
- Prepare monthly property cash distribution packages based on property cash projections.
- Work closely with the property management accountants to obtain and understand budgets, property level financial statements and expected cash needs for properties of the Funds.
- Prepare any required lender required reporting packages.
- Assist with providing relevant financial information for the preparation of partnership tax returns and K-1’s.
- Assist with the implementation and documentation of internal controls as directed.
- The Fund Accountant will assist with other special projects and duties as needed.