Now hiring a Fraud Risk Analyst for a major software industry. They did close to $6.8 Billion last year and are continuing to grow YoY. They are offering competitive comp starting out, have a tenured team in place, and were ranked 11th on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For.
The Fraud Risk Analyst will be working independently to review and research for fraud and communicate customer problems effectively to higher tier support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies defined practices, procedures and company policies to triage, troubleshoot and resolve known issues.
- Works incoming transaction cases and reports.
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects.
- Identifies, communicates and participates in process improvements.
- Ensure all incoming requests from outside/third party agencies are handled efficiently and timely.
- Frames, updates and re-uses knowledge and provides input to existing knowledge or frames the problem to be solved.
- Helps gather data and reports out on attempted; stopped, and lost fraud.
- Contribute to best practice methods that strengthen the department processes and procedures.
- Identify areas where improvement is needed and contribute to make necessary changes.
- Review and recommend changes to what data and cases are being reviewed.
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues in ways that the customer easily understands and can successfully apply the solution.
- Summarizes and communicates customer problems effectively to higher tier support.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- 3+ years experience in risk, fraud, and credit analysis with an emphasis on payment processing.
- 3+ years technical support experience with an emphasis on banking, financial, or accounting role is highly desired.
Prior underwriting, customer or account review and verification.
Experience in process improvement and identifying opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in Business, Finance or Economics.
- Seasoned judgment and business acumen; able to identify and bring complex issues to resolution in a timely manner.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.