The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Fraud Investigator for a well-known credit union in the Jacksonville, FL area.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, business hours
3 month contract position
About the position:
Responsible for complex duties and decisions relating to fraudulent applications, transactions, and customer fraud claims. Develops solutions to problems in situations that are atypical and/or moderately complex based on experience and existing precedents or procedures. Requires decision-making and resolution of issues not clearly defined by policies and procedures. May train less experienced staff within department and serve as subject matter expert for projects. Frequent interaction with teammates, management, suspects, victims, and other financial institutions. Identifies control failures and recommends solutions.
- Timely detection and first level investigation of Fraud risk exposure through comprehensive
- in-depth research and analysis of high volume suspect transactions as generated by the Fraud
- transaction monitoring system and additional analysis and reviews of suspicious activity as
- noted through other identification channels including other departments or personnel.
- Early detection, prevention, and accountability for overall minimization of future losses through
- in-depth analysis and review of high volume suspect transactions as generated by the fraud
- transaction monitoring systems, as well as, comprehensive analysis and review of fraud
- activity reported by other departments/personnel.
- Works directly with office, branch, and other personnel in the investigation of Fraud alerts,
- including providing general step by step knowledge, re-occurring comprehensive support,
- positive feedback, timely consultation on alternatives.
- Triage new account, stolen checks, inactive account and check kiting alerts from the daily
- alert queues in a timely manner and prepare for the Fraud Investigator to further investigate,
- when appropriate.
- Assist the Investigator by collecting pertinent case evidence including fraud claim
- documentation, video recordings, member activity logs and other information that may pertain
- to fraud case evidentiary findings.
- Analyze data to identify fraud trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and
- reduce time to identify new fraud techniques, tactics and procedures.
- Leverage diverse data sources.
- Analyze fraud data to determine patterns on sophisticated fraud activity.
- Analyze rule performance trends.
- Work with internal teams to come up with action plans to address corrective and preventative
- measures to mitigate risk.
- Keeps abreast of new fraud schemes to enhance transaction monitoring (e.g. best practices in
- the industry).
- Proactively keeps the Manager informed of notable activities/situations.
- Ensure deadlines are met consistently and follow-up activities are completed timely.
- Successfully complete all required training and assessments (e.g., BSA, Compliance, Information Security, Sexual Harassment, Diversity training, etc.).
- Maintain strong working proficiency in various business related systems (e.g., MISER, Verafin, Rapid Eye, Verint etc.).
- Maintain moderate to high proficiency in the Microsoft Word and Excel (including use of pivot
- tables and general data sorting/data table manipulation capabilities).
- Consistently communicates with the highest level of professionalism with members, external entities, client employees, etc.
- Assist team members in other areas as needed such as during absences, holidays and times
- of backlogs.
- Close checking and savings account as needed after seeking approval from supervisor.
A Bachelor’s degree in a business curriculum or a related field is preferred but not required.
4+ years or more of direct financial institution work experience in a fraud related field preferred.
Maintain an understanding of overall business plan objectives.
Competent knowledge and experience with Fraud requirements.
Competent PC skills and working knowledge of various software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, etc.) is required.
Experience with direct customer/member contact in a financial institution is desired.
Display excellent written, report writing and oral communication skills when interacting through the organization, with vendors and others. Maintain professional composure, objectivity and fairness when dealing with conflicts and sensitive matters.
Display attention to detail and accuracy, ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines.
Exhibit sound judgment, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Display high level of ethical integrity and the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
Demonstrate due professional care and the highest standards of professional competency.
Maintain collaborative relationships across the organization and continuously display a strong sense of teamwork and promote within the department.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. As required or requested, may exert up to 20
pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.