We are currently working with a well-known Distribution company looking for a Fixed Asset Accountant.
The primary responsibility of the Fixed Asset Accountant is to record cost of an organization's newly added fixed assets, tracking existing ones, which can be tangible or/and intangible, and calculating and recording their depreciation, as well as accounting for disposed fixed assets.
A Fixed Asset Accountant performs various functions in ensuring effective maintenance of an organization's fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Record fixed assets by creating and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls.
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets to management.
- Record in the accounting system newly acquired fixed assets and those disposed.
- Track, compile, and record project costs in fixed asset accounts; close out the accounts at the completion of the projects.
- Perform reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledger balance with summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Perform depreciation calculation for all fixed assets
- Perform revision and update on the detailed schedule of accumulated depreciation and fixed assets
- Maintain lease agreements and determine the accounting implications of all leases
- Carry out inventory counts of fixed assets physically
- As may be requested by management, perform fixed asset related analyses
- Create fixed asset related audit schedules, and collaborate with auditors on their assignments
- Serve as company representative at any audits relating to fixed assets facilitated by a government agency
- Track Company's fixed asset spending in relation to its capital budget, as well as management authorizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of Fixed Asset experience
- Excel Skills - Vlookups, pivot tables, create formulas
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.