SNI Financial is partnered with a publicly traded company that is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team. This company is located in downtown Chicago and is in the professional services industry. This individual will be leading technical accounting matters, external reporting, and financial statement preparation. The company has an excellent track record of promoting individuals from within, offers excellent benefits, and a fast paced work environment.
Financial Reporting Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee technical accounting matters that correlate with complex transactions and adopting new accounting standards.
- Support external reporting within the company by preparing 10-K's and 10-Q's and review XBRL tagging
- Carry out monthly and quarterly controls
- Spearhead the preparing of employee benefit plan financial statements
- Lead special projects and provide input
- Lead internal controls over the financial reporting program by interacting with different departments and the audit team.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals by developing their skills and ensuring goals are being met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of SEC and Financial Reporting
- Previous experience in professional services is a plus
- Understanding of internal controls over financial reporting
- Previous experience managing complex projects
- Experience with HFM and Workday is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Generous PTO plan
- Benefits start first month of employment
- Generous 401K plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Volunteer programs
- Business casual dress code
- Company perks on insurance products and traveling