FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
Our client, a Twin Cities based organization known as being a very employee friendly company, is seeking a highly motivated Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Accounting team. The position will be responsible for preparing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting in accordance with GAAP, statutory and SEC requirements.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with audits and provide support as necessary.
- Assist in year-end tax reporting.
- Prepare quarterly Board reports.
- Effectively manage responsibilities to achieve timely and thorough completion.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to automate and streamline workflow, increase efficiency strengthen controls.
- Performs other job-related duties and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 1-3 years of financial reporting/SEC Reporting experience.
- Experience with Cloud based of Financial Platforms and process improvements.
- Strong Excel skills (V-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred)
- CPA designation a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to meet critical business deadlines.
- Ability to work with accounting functions to understand various, important concepts that are unique to the industry.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency in order to drive results in a demanding business environment.
- Ability to address issues/concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with broad level of finance and operational teams.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Skill in analytical and practical problem-solving skills with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SOX, GAAP and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of current SEC rules and regulations.
$72,000.00 - $82,000.00 /Year