Senior Financial Control Analyst Needed in Phoenix!
Direct Placement! No contract period!
The Financial Control Senior Analyst ('FCSA') will be responsible for executing and delivering test work on financial internal controls in compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act and FDICIA requirements (together 'ICOFR'). The individual will evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of processes and internal controls for adherence to ICOFR requirements. The position will assist in identifying and assessing root causes of identified issues to strengthen and/or improve controls. This role reports to the Associate Director of Financial Control and will interact frequently with key stakeholders across the Company from the front line business operations, to support service groups and the technology department. The FCSA will partner with departments across the organization to formally document and test the ICOFR process. This position is also responsible for communicating the status of the internal controls process to management including control deficiencies identified and the plan for resolution.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
- Professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Audit (CIA) required.
- 2 years of public accounting experience with SOX expertise or 2 - 5 Years owning the SOX process at a Public Company.
- Prior experience focusing on testing ICOFR processes
- Minimum two+ (2+) years of audit experience in the financial services industry and/or public accounting required
- Working knowledge of internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, COSO framework, Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards, FRB Supervisory Letter 13-11 standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302/402 requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required to work with all levels of internal and external teams. Must be effective at communicating issues through written reports, verbal discussions, and presentations.
- Perform SOX planning, execution, evaluation, and reporting under the direction of the Financial Control Manager
- Participate with and/or supervise staff, which includes coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Assist with the annual SOX risk assessment, development of audit objectives, scope, and audit plans and procedures.
- Documents the ICOFR process throughout the Company by updating comprehensive risk and control matrices/audit programs for assigned process areas;
- Performs detailed test work on the ICOFR process including performing walkthroughs and tests of operating effectiveness on key controls;
- Maintains a current log of any observations and deficiencies noted throughout the annual ICOFR testing project, including their current remediation status;
- Maintains audit software (Workiva) to provide a well-documented and organized audit program and audit work papers
Please email/apply if interested!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.