Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Regional Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we collaborate with business leaders across the corporation.
As a Staff Financial Analyst, you will have a variety of tasks to handle every single day. Your day to day workload may vary, and you can expect to exercise and develop the following skills:
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure Regional Finance’s credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to anticipate and identify emerging issues, assist in development and implementation of strategies, and provide recommendations for course correction
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Financial Analysis experience in a corporate finance environment
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required, as well as a functional knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Experienced with industry planning tools and information systems
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.